This page lists known issues in Omega reporting. Where a support database ID was generated at the time it wil be shown.
- The customer database is only available for testing with the rules engine in the despatch and invoice modules. Ideally it should be added to at least integrated engineering. This has been fixed in version 2.5. The customer is also available in integrated engineering and the works order modules via the 'memory pointer' mechanism, though to begin with access will only be during function and save events.
- Pre-save logging during customer returns saving appears to have mixed up ideas of what is increasing and what is decreasing in the works order allocation for add-to-stock returns actions. The text descriptions written to the log file needs correcting. This has been fixed in version 2.5.
- ENH156 - Limit of 99 process routes in the system, and 500 process operations per route. This has been increased in version 2.5 to 200 routes and 600 operations per route.
- The front-end menu GUI forces all users who need to access maintenance to be administrators - security compromised. One workaround is to revert to the front-end supplied with v2.1 rather than upgrade to v2.2.
- Despatches - if you fail to assign a product group to a board record, even though it is not officially a minimum requirement it can prevent the despatch item from saving.
- ENH197, ENH198, PCS931 - The manufacturing build window in product/integrated engineering does not allow much more than rudimentary data changes. In particular, extra lines cannot usually be added successfully. This means that for every slight modification to a standard build, another standard build has to be created.
- PCS148 - Works Orders - cannot replace returned quantity with finished goods from the original works order - duplicate allocation fields.
- PCS182 - Product engineering - duplicate hole data entries when inserting part spec. can cause incorrect edit handling.
- PCS186, PCS550 - Status code 81 lock-related errors after clearing subsidiary windows, e.g. delivery schedule.
- PCS217 - There is no way of deleting a note - you can only clear its contents.
- PCS303 - Customer part number column in user-configurable list windows can display blank if the board number column is not also selected for viewing as well.
- PCS346 - Integrated engineering - if the cumulative despatch quantity exceeds the cumulative allocation quantity then the maximum allocation from stock quantity allowed is incorrect - the validation function allows the user to exceed the correct maximum. This will result in a negative free stock.
- PCS356 - Invoices - if you Alt-F9 clear an invoice item before saving it, you are able to select despatch items belonging to any customer, i.e. the filter to prevent different customers per invoice is broken. This has been fixed in version 2.5.
- PCS357 - Stock amendments - it is possible to amend a works order quantity below the quantity allocated without warning or forcing a reduction of the allocation.
- PCS366 - Product engineering - duplicate key allowing duplicate board profile detail records to be inserted, which can cause lockup
- PCS368, PCS890 - Maintenance - the quantity field in standard builds is not a minimum requirement but without it you cannot save the corresponding manufacturing build.
- PCS377 - Product engineering - if you insert a new change note it is temporarily assigned an ECN number, with the proper value being filled in once the record is saved to the file. Unfortunately, the temporary value is visible on-screen unless the records are reloaded.
- PCS404 - Invoices - if you start creating a new invoice item and select a despatch item to populate it, then press F2 to cancel, the application doesn`t allow you to select the despatch item again (it displays "this despatch item is already included" because it thinks that the despatch item has actually been invoiced).
- PCS408 - Despatches - possible problem with balance outstanding field if despatch item deletion is cancelled. The result always seems to be a balance oustanding that gets incremented too much.
- PCS440 - Originals and tool-types in Integrated Engineering, etc. are not part of the background memory structure and referential integrity can be broken between these reocrds and their parents (customer revision and tool version).
- PCS484 - Windows port - due to a limitation in the Windows graphics library used we cannot use dashed- line styles for pens with a thickness greater than one. Although Omega saves the settings, when the line gets drawn it always appears solid.
- PCS586 - Windows port - when editing a note, the 'notes' button is greyed out, and the 'colours' button lights up. Selecting this button reveals the notes user window, and selecting the Insert button reveals the notes frame size window.
- PCS664 - General - the 'Secure' toolbar button dos not work. This button was removed in version 2.5.
- PCS681 - ECN view note window does not recognize F2 or toolbar to close (have to use Esc or the mouse).
- PCS71 - The choice of which panels should be costed, as set in laminate materials maintenance, does not work.
- PCS761 - If you try searching on works orders manufacturing unit, the window of possible search options just lists 1, 2, 3, instead of Circuit, Customer Panel and Production Panel.
- PCS765 - Purchase Orders - you cannot delete a GRN record within Omega (you have to amend the database with a 3rd party utility like DDF Builder).
- PCS791 - Changing the delivery schedules key fields causes the displayed remake quantity value to disappear until the delivery schedule has been saved.
- PCS792 - Possible to bypass (remake + add to stock) > return qty check by changing returns action type, not quantity.
- PCS821 - Omega appears to lock up while trying to load a returns record for crediting - very slow checking mechanism.
- PCS845 - In Window Configuration maintenance, the profile part specification pick-list for tool sizes does not filter on the window configuration code. Therefore if you have multiple profile part specifications they cannot have separate tool sizes.
- PCS870 - Product Engineering - if a panel design is re-created due to re-engineering then the panel design id stored in the route status is no longer valid - no referential integrity.
- PCS887 - Re-despatching and then re-invoicing a job that contains tooling adds a tooling charge even when "include tooling in the credit" is answered "No" during the earlier credit stage.
- PCS913 - Credit Notes - if selecting a returns action for crediting fails, it is possible for some of the credit item fields to be filled in inadvertently.
- PCS943 - In invoices, if you type in a despatch number in the invoice item edit window, and the despatch has multiple despatch items only the first despatch item will be used, i.e. the user cannot select which despatch item to use.
- The rework returns action does not do anything - at the moment it is simply a flag. This option can be hidden in version 2.5.
- If you load one customer return on top of another and then try exiting the returns log/review module Omega can page fault.
- PCS959 - The following procedure can cause Omega to crash - create a new invoice, add multiple invoice items, return to the invoice window so that its contents are automatically filled in and then try deleting any of the invoice items.
- v2.2 and 2.3 are affected by a referential integrity bug which allows the user to update the board number, customer code, revision level, tool version or quote number while an invoice item is present. Amending the customer code can also break the link in customer codes between the despatch note and despatch items. This issue was fixed in the 2.3.5 update.
- PCS995 - The following issues require further investigatation in the purchase order module:
1) The user is able to return to a GRN that has passed inspection and reduce the quantity passed without the in stock quantity being reduced automatically;
2) The user is able to enter a quantity passed less than the quantity received without entering a quantity rejected (scrapped) or reworked, resulting in no change in the in stock quantity.
- The ODBC DDFs are inconsistent in their labelling of the customer revision field - it should always be referred to as "Customer_Revision", but in the invoice item (in_invitems_table) and stock transaction (fg_stktrans_table) tables it is called "Revision_Level".
- The v2.3.5 update has introduced a sporadic memory bug that can cause Omega to crash when the user types in an existing board number, customer code, tool number, etc., in order to load it. This issue has been fixed in the 2.3.10 beta and released in version 2.5.
- Omega front-end GUI crashes occasionally under XP when being closed. The error dialog reports the cause as being a component responsible for Wave sound playback. Following the crash the OMEGAWIN.EXE (or EQUOTE.EXE) process can still be left running.
- Part specification selectors (score types, menu text fields, etc.) do not fill the expanded window beyond the default 10 rows. This issue has been fixed in the 2.4.1 beta and released in version 2.5.
- In the purchase order GRN inspection module, if you load an existing GRN and try to add additional reject information, i.e. a second, third, etc. line then the module (and the whole front-end GUI) may crash. The error will not occur until you select from a drop-down list (e.g. reject group) or type in the text information and then press carriage-return. The only way to add additional reject information at this stage is via an external editor such as the Pervasive Control Center or DDF Builder.
- PCS1090 - The purchase order origination and release modules cannot show goods received notes (via the corresponding field) when there are more than 20 GRNs linked to the purchase order in question. Instead an error is displayed indicating that Omega has tried to allocate a non-null pointer. This issue has been fixed in the 2.4.1 beta.
- PCS1093 - Panel data sets and group data sets maintenance modules employ wait locks - once a user accesses one of these modules any attempt by the same, or another, user to access either of these modules will fail as planned. Unfortunately the wait lock means that instead of reporting on-screen that there is a locking conflict, the second session sees a blank window and cannot do anything until the first user exits their session.
- O-32-08-94 - Deleting a board record can result in the dialog window that lists the tables affected being only partly drawn - only the titlebar is visible and Omega appears to have frozen. However the keyboard shortcuts still work and the dialog can be closed as normal:
Return = "OK" button
Tab, return = "Cancel" button
This issue has been fixed in version 2.5.
- O-18-09-139 - There is a case sensitivity issue when updating key fields in Omega's product engineering section, in particular:
customer code in the the record record
customer revision in the revision record
tool version in the version record
If the fields are updated so that the only difference is a change of case, then the edited field is updated in the database but the corresponding fields in other tables remain unchanged. This does not affect Omega because it is case-insensitive; however it will affect Crystal Reports, resulting in some cases where records are not picked up by reports. This issue has been seen a few times when a newly created revision has been updated, apparently in the middle of filling in the part specification, with the result that some of the part spec. entries appear on the route card and some do not.
- When the rules engine is run to generate the possible panel design and route network combinations, the maximum number of processes that can be created across all of the panel sizes/route networks is 65535. If this is exceeded the rules engine will stop and report a "Route Operation Status Code 1" error.
- The rules engine trace windows (graphical and searchable options) can show a maximum of 65535 lines; this is also the limit for the trace.log file generated by the searchable window when it is closed. If the rules engine flow exceeds this the extra lines will not be shown.
- Early versions of the Omega/e-equote front-end (Omegawin.exe) will not work on Windows Vista or later due to the registry settings being incorrectly stored under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, which is blocked on recent Windows operating systems. Later versions (18.104.22.168+) are known to work and correctly store their registry settings under HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
- The WIP data amendment maintenance module allows route status, operation status, downtime, reject analysis and WIP transactions to be deleted. However, it does not delete records from linked subsidiary tables, potentially breaking referential integrity in the case of route status and operation status. This issue has been fixed in later customer-specific builds.
- The WIP data amendment maintenance window for reject analysis does not display route list code fields > 3 digits, or negative circuit/customer panel/panel quantities, correctly. This issue has been fixed in later customer-specific builds.