This page lists known issues in recent versions of the application. Where a support database ID was generated at the time it is included.
- ENH80 - The search criteria manual edit field is too short to display complex search criteria; also the date value has to be entered as a 'raw' Omega date value (see here for details).
- PCS948 - On first running the print manager and engine, the browser window only filters on OMEGA.EXE, and not MDI.EXE which is the Windows version of Omega. This issue has been fixed in the 2.1 print server update.
- PCS1036 & PCS1054 - The print server manager can fall over when unregistering two reports or when unregistering a report that no longer exists.
- P29-06-19 - Printers with names > 30 characters in length cannot be used in the print engine due to "Retrieve DevMode (Structure)" errors. This issue is made worse on Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 machines running the print server because these machines append the printer host machine name. One workaround is to shorten the name of the shared printer when setting it up.
- P-48-08-778 - When run under Windows Vista, the print server engine can no longer see networked printers (either attached to other PCs, or attached to the network directly). This issue has been fixed in version 2.5.
- 90 deg rotated columns in Crystal do not work in the print server.
- The FTP facility is now 'broken' and will complain about a connection error because the ftp.prestim.co.uk site no longer exists.
- In the print manager application, the list of tables that can be assigned to a report when specifying which field is to be used for filtering includes several entries called "skip me". These lines should not be visible (they correspond to credit tables that are already handled by their invoice equivalents).
- The print engine cannot access printers shared by Windows NT/2000/XP when it is running on the same operating system and the printer is accessed as a network printer. There is a workaround that involves setting the printer up locally and then remapping the port - contact Omega support for further details. This issue has been fixed in version 2.2.
- The print server executables cannot be installed in directories containing spaces - this will cause the print manager and print engine applications to fail to start due to Pervasive.SQL status 12. This issue has been fixed in version 2.2.
- There is a limit to the number of print devices that the print server manager can see when setting up a report. The device list is retrieved from the selected print server engine PC in alphabetical order. However, once a device is selected for a report it should continue to work in the future even if it is no longer visible when setting up new reports.
- With newer printers the output bin/tray selected in the print server manager might not correspond to the correct bin/tray on the device.
|This site is copyright © 2003-2018 Neil Hughes. All rights reserved.|
Company and product names on this site may be trademarks or registered trademarks and are hereby acknowledged.